Insulet started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through the use of our Omnipod® product platform. In the last two decades we have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and lifestyle accommodating.
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer expectations. Our continued success depends on it!
• The candidate in this position will report to the Principal Chemist, in the Mechanical and Materials Engineering Center of Excellence. The candidate will be involved in the testing and analysis of body-worn drug delivery devices as it relates to biocompatibility and safety to the patient. The candidate will also be involved in the design of next gen pod and extended wear initiative.
• Follow safety guidelines
• Maintain electronic and/or paper notebooks
• Author/Establish Tool Files for instruments/procedures in chemistry lab
• Use GCMS and conduct out gassing studies on batteries, adhesive pads and other components for Omni Pods, and analyze liquid extraction samples from full-fill pod incubations after the liquid autosampler is installed
• Use FTIR for investigation of foreign matter related to R&D or manufacture.
• Conduct Conductivity testing when needed.
• Maintain/update system level data sheet for Omni Pod (in box folder)
• Coordinate sample submission to Contract labs, in particular, Gateway Analytical for Particulate testing.
• Author Test Protocol/Test Report for bio-compatibility as needed.
• Help out/lighten other groups’ workload as needed
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
• Highly ethical, responsible and data-driven decision making methodology
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to follow direction
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint a plus)
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
• Ability to work with chemistry-based lab equipment and tools