Insulet started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through the use of our Omnipod® product platform. In the last two decades we have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and lifestyle accommodating.
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer expectations. Our continued success depends on it!
Insulet is looking for enthusiastic, team-focused individuals that want to help test great products for the diabetes-care industry and obtain experience in one of the fastest growing and most exciting medical device companies in the greater Boston area!
The Associate Systems V&V Engineer will be integral in the technical design and development of Insulet’s products by supporting all phases of the Design Verification Process. The person in this position will support the development, execution and approvals of system level design verification of products prior to commercial release and for most tasks associated with Design Verification and Validation as part of this COE’s product development efforts. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in highly collaborative environments, has a high level of curiosity when solving problems and wants to make a direct impact to patient lives by ensuring the products they use achieve world-class safety and usability.
The position will report to the Manager Systems Design Verification, Advanced Technology & Engineering located at Insulet’s Headquarters in Acton, MA.
- Work with Systems Engineering and other cross-disciplinary engineering functions to develop Test Cases and Protocols for design verification this Includes obtaining approval from all key stakeholders.
- Test Cases should properly demonstrate the system performance including “happy path”, as well as properly defined extreme cases.
- Execute verification and validation tasks according to established timelines.
- Develop verification and validation of test tools where required.
- Write reports and log issues for executed verification tests
- Author product issue records and process these to closure.
- Participate in Technical Reviews and Design Reviews.
- Contribute to Systems team efforts by performing other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 0-2 years of relevant industry experience
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of engineering principles and scientific methods.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and procedures.
- Personal computer skills, word processing, spreadsheet, database.
- Experience in using any/all of the following software packages: Jira, Helix, Confluence, Arena PLM
- Ability to generate and maintain accurate records.
- Previous experience working in medical device or similar regulated environments
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Not Applicable