July 5th 2021 – December 23rd 2021
Insulet Builds New U.S. Manufacturing Facility
The $100 Million Investment in Massachusetts will provide for hundreds of local manufacturing jobs at a 350,000 square-foot facility. Insulet is building a brand-new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility on a 26-acre site in Acton, Massachusetts. The new facility represents a significant investment in Massachusetts, is expected to create hundreds of local jobs, and will provide additional manufacturing capabilities closer to Insulet’s large and growing U.S. customer base. The new U.S. manufacturing operation is also expected to drive operating efficiencies and increase productivity.
The Global Manufacturing Engineering team is focused on supporting Insulet’s manufacturing operations in Insulet’s new state of the art high speed automated manufacturing facility in Acton, MA.
This candidate works closely with the engineering team to support failure root cause analysis, equipment validation, process improvement, and scrap reduction efforts
Candidate will work regularly with cross-functional teams to solve urgent business related problems
Typical tasks include hands-on lab testing, measurement, data analysis, protocol writing & execution, and report writing
Ideal candidate has experience and interest in manufacturing automation, lab testing and metrology
Able to analyze large amounts of data to present clear, actionable information to the team
- Study in-house production equipment (laser welding, heat staking, automated assembly, etc.) and drive process improvements
- Generate tool files, write setup and operating procedures, prepare new equipment for validation, and support execution of validation activities (IQ/TMV/OQ/PQ)
- Support machine build and debug at local suppliers
- Design and prototype manufacturing aids using SolidWorks, 3D printer, etc.
- Scorecard production line efficiency, scrap, and downtime performance
- Prepare engineering change orders (ECO), supplier change requests (SCR)
- Other responsibilities as needed
Education and Experience:
- Enrolled as BS or MS candidate in Mechanical/Industrial engineering or similar field
- Previous Co-Op or Internship experience preferred
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
CAD: Solidworks preferred, Pro/Engineer (Creo) a plus
Data Analysis: Minitab, JMP, Excel
Proficient in Microsoft Office