WHY IS THIS ROLE SO EXCITING?
This role will enable you to cultivate relationships with executives across the entire FinTech industry ecosystem – from startups to insurance companies and investors; all of whom are on the front lines of facilitating major transformation in the sector. This opportunity also presents a front row seat to this rapidly expanding sector so that you can chart your future career growth.
Working hand in hand with the founders on all aspects of the business, including marketing, operations and strategy, the Associate would be responsible for:
- Supporting marketing operations and communications initiatives to facilitate continued growth of the community, including creating thought leadership research
- Managing the full cycle of the global FinTech startup competition, including marketing, application and judging processes, in-kind prizes, and social media
- Managing the global FinTech accelerator program, including marketing, application and judging processes, mentor/investor coordination and social media
- Managing special events and executive briefings, including collaboration with promotional partners, coordinating speakers, and sourcing startups for showcases
- Cultivating current and new corporate partners to identify startups that could provide value to the community
- Strong aptitude for technology with ability to easily use and learn new technologies. Programming skills a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with high comfort and confidence to proactively pick up the phone and engage with stakeholders.
- Versatile writing skills that range from long form thought leadership to short form marketing and social media posts.
- Independent problem solver who takes ownership for projects and tackling new and/or unanticipated challenges.
- Knowledge of startup ecosystem a plus (but not required).
- Knowledge of Insurance and FinTech a plus (but not required).
- Relentless focus on the Customer
- “Glass half full” attitude
- Thirst for refining existing skills and learning new ones
- Constant eye on ways to improve systems and processes