About the Asia & Latin America Program Internship
The Dialogue’s Asia & Latin America Program engages and informs academics, policy-makers, and private sector leaders from China, Latin America, the United States, and other countries on evolving themes in Asia-Latin America relations and Latin America’s relations with the rest of the world. The Program’s working group meetings, events, and publications seek to address areas of critical interest and to identify shared priorities on both sides of the Pacific. The Program is currently accepting part-time or full-time unpaid internship applications.
The intern will work closely with the program director. Among other responsibilities, they will:
- Conduct research on various aspects of Asian engagement in Latin America;
- Track key domestic developments in Asia that are likely to influence Latin America, and vice-versa;
- Help organize, run, and report on program meetings and events;
- Attend and report on Washington area meetings.
- Be enrolled in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated no more than six months prior to the start of the internship;
- Demonstrate interest in Asia and Latin America;
- Have strong writing and research abilities;
- Be native speakers of Chinese (Mandarin) or Japanese;
- Be proficient in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese;
- Be available for a minimum of eight sixteen to twenty hour weeks during the fall and spring terms or thirty to forty hours a week during the summer term;
DEADLINE: The application for the Fall 2021 Internship Program is now open and will close on July 23, 2021 at 5 PM ET. Interested applicants can apply here.
NOTE: The Fall 2021 Internship Program will be remote. Applicants do not have to be based in DC. Circumstances permitting, interns may have the opportunity to participate in a combined in-person/remote internship at the Dialogue’s DC office. This may be an option later in the semester. However, interns can still choose to continue their internship remotely if they prefer or if they are not based in DC.
Although the Dialogue does review each resume, the volume of applications we receive makes it impossible for us to communicate directly with all applicants.
For questions, please e-mail email@example.com.