The Dialogue’s Office of the President – Special Projects & External Relations manages matters pertaining to the Dialogue Members and Board of Directors, the annual CAF Conference, the biennial Sol M. Linowitz Forum, and the congressional program. In addition, the Office manages the Dialogue’s Global Trends database, as well as initiatives and events pertaining to women, gender issues, democratic governance, and US policy towards Latin America. As part of the Office of the President team, the intern also assists in managing the Dialogue’s web presence, providing support for internal and external events, and conducting research for the President, as needed.
This position reports to the Program Assistant and Deputy to the President.
An intern working with the Dialogue’s Office of the President can expect to perform the following tasks:
- Work directly with the Deputy to the President, Program Assistant, and President.
- Provide administrative and logistical support and research assistance in preparation for and during the CAF Conference and Sol M. Linowitz Forum, to be held in June 2021.
- Help manage the Dialogue’s Global Trends database, including outreach with relevant institutions and conducting research and uploading reports to the site.
- Assist with the congressional program by preparing memos on congressional activities related Latin America, helping organize events, and attending meetings with staffers.
- Conduct research on key issues in Hemispheric affairs including democratic governance, US policy towards Latin America and trade, as needed by the President.
- Help manage the President’s public and media appearances and provide support for the President’s presence on social media.
- Help with editing, translation, design, and publication of program reports, memos, press releases, and other materials, as needed.
- Help organize, run, and draft reports on events and meetings related to the program.
- Attend and draft written reports on virtual events related to topics relevant to the organization.
- Other research responsibilities as assigned by the Deputy to the President.
- Be enrolled in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated no more than six months prior to the start of the internship;
- Demonstrate interest in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Have strong writing and research abilities;
- Be proficient in English and Spanish and / or Portuguese;
- Be available for a minimum of eight sixteen to twenty hour weeks during the fall and spring terms or thirty to forty hours a week during the summer term;
DEADLINE: The application for the Fall 2021 Internship Program is now open and will close on July 23, 2021 at 5 PM ET. Interested applicants can apply here.
NOTE: The Fall 2021 Internship Program will be remote. Applicants do not have to be based in DC. Circumstances permitting, interns may have the opportunity to participate in a combined in-person/remote internship at the Dialogue’s DC office. This may be an option later in the semester. However, interns can still choose to continue their internship remotely if they prefer or if they are not based in DC.
Although the Dialogue does review each resume, the volume of applications we receive makes it impossible for us to communicate directly with all applicants.
For questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.