InterDigital develops fundamental wireless and multimedia technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ.
The Technology Evolution and Prototyping (TEP) group within InterDigital’s Research and Innovation (R&I) organization is responsible leading the company’s next generation wireless research projects. Our charter is to identify future technology needs, develop and innovate around a system focus, and demonstrate proof of concept prototypes for our industry partners. Today this team is at the leading edge of 6G research.
InterDigital is seeking 6-month interns to design and prototype 6G technologies, in which intelligent networks self-optimize to deliver services to users and devices that are tailored to content, context, and connectivity. The selected candidate will provide design and simulation support for novel systems that InterDigital is creating to drive 6G research, including: Development of cutting-edge wireless technologies to enable AR/VR/MXR via cellular system designs; detailed system studies harmonized with 3GPP air-interface development, waveform, modulation and protocol design to support ultra-high data rates (above 100 Gbps) for beyond 5G and 6G networks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out cutting-edge research in waveform design, physical layer and/or system-level design, algorithms and protocols for next generation mobile communications systems
- Research, analyze and evaluate various waveforms and develop wireless protocol designs using simulation, and/or theoretical analysis
- Develop link and system level simulation to demonstrate the viability and benefits of the chosen waveofrms and protocols
- Document and present the novel wireless technologies and implementations in various forms, such as standards contributions, conference and journal publications, technical white papers, patent applications, etc.
- M.S., or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or related field (Ph.D. preferred)
- Familiarity with mmW/FR2 design challenges and hardware component limitations preferred
- Experience in link level (L1/PHY) and/or system level (L1/PHY, L2/MAC) simulations and proficiency with MATLAB preferred
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
Location: Conshohocken, PA or Manhattan, NY;
May have the ability to work remotely due to COVID-19.
InterDigital is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, atypical heredity cellular or blood trait, marital status, family status, domestic partner or civil union status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.