One year internship at the IAEA sponsored by IAEA Programs in non-Safeguards departments of the IAEA. Go to https://international.anl.gov/careers.html#interns for details and how to apply.
Position ID: NS202102-P0
Position and Grade: Internship – Technical Meeting Coordination and General Support to Nuclear Material Security Unit U.S.-funded Internship
Organizational Unit: Nuclear Material Security Unit
Nuclear Security of Materials and Facilities Section
Division of Nuclear Security
Department of Nuclear Safety and Security
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Duration of Appointment/Start: 1 year, July/August 2021
Submission Deadline: May 20, 2021
The intern will support the Nuclear Material Security Unit (NMS) within the Nuclear Security of Materials and Facilities (MAFA) Section under the Nuclear Security Plan 2018-2021, including updating and coordinating the Nuclear Security training database for MAFA, assisting TOs in the successful implementation of events, and completing other activities as required for the general support of NMS activities.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
• Update training materials database
• Coordinate events and serve as the point-of-contact for planning and communication
• Assist TOs in the facilitation of events by overseeing clerical and organizational duties
• Analyse the 2018-2021 Nuclear Security Plan and track MAFA’s progress in fulfilling its commitments
• Draft web-stories on NMS events
• Keep a record of weekly NMS activities to be reported to the DG
• Summarize supplied content into presentations and written reports as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Skilled in time management with proven record of successful multi-tasking abilities (Required)
• Experience in the development of web content and structure (Required)
• Experience working with Technical Information (Required)
• Knowledge of Nuclear Security (Required)
• Experience in the development of web-based interface in SharePoint (Asset)
Qualifications and Experience
• University or college degree candidate in Physics, Nuclear Science and Technology or an associated subject
• Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
• Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
• Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA’s internship programme.
• Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) an asset.
• Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.