HELP US TELL OUR STORY
The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s largest international NGOs focusing exclusively on improving the rural poor’s lives. It maintains offices in Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor and prioritize delivering sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty.
About the Job
We are looking for Marketing Officers and Designers [Intern) to join our team of advocates for rural communities! All positions are remote. Interns will learn from and work with team members based internationally in 8 countries working on various initiatives.
As Marketing Interns at IIRR, you’ll do more than bringing stories to life. You use your strong creative skills/background to create compelling stories that capture an audience and move them to make a difference. You are passionate about digital technology, design, content writing for social change, and impact story development.
Think you’re the one we are looking for? Then apply to be a Marketing Officer (Intern).
Digital Marketing Team
The Digital Marketing team’s central goal is to significantly increase web traffic and help in growing IIRR’s influence/presence online to potentially reach a much wider audience.
- (1 intern) SEO Planner –creating metadata for all web pages, including uploading of images for metadata and fixing the URL Structure of webpages
- (1 intern) Google Adwords Keyword Planner – supporting the strategic planning and execution of keywords, ad group ideas and bid for AdWords to increase web traffic and search results
- (1 intern) Direct Email Marketing Officer – to support the execution of Email Marketing Strategy, support in running A/B testing, and improve the overall design and tone of direct emails according to the segmented audience to help make email marketing perform better and increase the visibility of IIRR.
Social Media Marketing Team
The Social Media Marketing team will support IIRR rebranding and implement social media campaigns. Intern positions under this team require strong planning and creative writing skills to develop new and unique ideas.
- (4 interns) Social Media Marketing Officers – support online marketing research and develop content for multi-channel communications. Each team member will be assigned to manage a social media channel and curate appropriate content based on the IIRR Marketing Plan.
- (1 intern) Social Media Officer (Facebook, IG and Google Ads)– will support in developing and monitoring Marketing and Advertising promotional activities (social media, direct mail, and web analytics. The Officer coordinates with other team members and looks into insights and analyzes metrics and trends in each platform and prepares a brief presentation to highlight social ads and content’s performance.
- (1 position) Graphic Designer – supports creating new communication
materials for social media platforms such as video, graphics and copy, occasional IG Stories, and web content.
*Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (min. GPA of 3.2)
*Impeccable writing skills with huge attention to detail
*Curiosity, creativity, and fearlessness in contributing new and bold ideas
*A willingness to fail fast and forward while respecting and valuing input from a global and diverse team
*Ability and desire to work in a startup culture that may require fluidity in roles from week to week
How to Apply
This is a remote and unpaid internship that requires a full-time (5days/wk) of 3 months or a part-time (4days/wk) commitment of 6 months.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org | Include “Marketing Officer (Intern)” in the Subject Line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No calls, please. If you have not received a response from us in two weeks, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion.
Point of Contact: