The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s leading rural-focused NGOs. It maintains a staff of 200+ in 9 offices across Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs build economic opportunities for rural people by improving their health, education, environment, and food systems. Currently, IIRR’s focus is its COVID-19 rural response.
Though IIRR has delivered over 60 years of impact that has improved millions of lives, it remains agile and committed to testing, prototyping (and even failing) in order to continually learn how best to deliver the most cost-effective impact to communities who need it most.
Like so many organizations around the world, we are working hard to ensure that rural communities are spared the heavy burden of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are building out our team in NY and are seeking a few good agents, one of which is an Operations Manager.
– You get it. Your mission in the world is to do good, but you don’t have to be in the field getting your feet dirty (at least not every day of every week).
– You have some experience (preferably 10+) in operations within a (large, mid-sized, or small) company in any industry. Experience in the non-profit or international development sector is preferred but not required.
– You are detailed. You double-check and often triple-check your work before turning it in and you expect the same from others.
– You are a master-juggler and receive fulfillment from advanced logistical tasks. As a result, you could draw equal energy from sorting a spreadsheet, helping to plan an event, quantifying how many lives we improve in a year, and working with leadership in reporting to donors.
– You know – while a strong degree counts less than the ability to ‘get it done,’ you do have a Bachelors or (preferably) Masters degree just to show your intellectual muscle and it’s from a recognized school too.
– You’ve traveled, and while that’s not really a requirement, you know what matters more is a real comfort around others who might eat, speak, dance, and yodel differently than you do – and you just love that about our world.
The role reports directly to the President and is expected to be both challenging and dynamic with various short and long-term responsibilities. Below are some examples:
– Review, analyze and update database records across fundraising, communications and operations
– Establish a new 360-degree staff performance tool; manage and evaluate the performance of interns
– Provide proofreading and copy-editing support for external content from the President’s Office
– Liaise with HQ team on matters pertaining to earned income strategies and program deliveries
– Travel domestically or internationally for representation activities or events (when safe to do so)
– Lead on drafting organizational policies with the aid of wider HQ team
– Provide organizational, planning, and detailed management on upcoming events
– Support the President’s office in providing oversight of programs, growth, and external relations
– Serve as the focal point of contact for external consultants
– Manage the creation of operational KPIs to the Office of the President
– Lead on the delivery and management of our Global Rural Fellows and internship program
– Oversee the IIRR student and professional affinity groups
– Assist the Finance Director in finalizing the budget and financial forecasts
– Coordinate monthly and quarterly engagements with management/regional teams
– Assist in reviewing financial forecast and conducting risk assessments for the organization
– Review, create and/or develop HR office policies and guidelines for the US office
HOW TO APPLY:
Send CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com | Include Operations Manager in the Subject Line
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No calls please. If you have not received a response from us in two weeks, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion. Remember to stay updated on our social media channels to be among the first to see upcoming vacancies.