Operations Officer (Intern)
The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains offices in Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty. Since March 2020, the focus of organizations’ programs has been to address the impact of COVID-19 on rural communities.
IIRR is looking for intelligent, strategic, and resourceful thinkers to help in managing the day-to-day operations of the US Office. Interns will work under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Supporting the day-to-day functions of IIRR US Office
- Assist in reviewing, analyzing, and updating database records across fundraising, communications, and operations
- Assist in proofreading and copy-editing support for external content
- Help in Researching and building resources for the US Office
- Assist in organizing fellow interns
- Assist with volunteer recruitment including conducting onboarding for new members
- Assist in posting positions on university pages, career pages, other websites, and social media
- Assist in Reviewing and editing job descriptions
- Update manuals and other documents
- Light technical support
- Special operations projects as needed on an ongoing basis
- Other duties related to operations and administration
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Minimum GPA 3.2
- Well-organized, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Helpful and responsive i.e. when dealing with ad-hoc requests for providing support Resourceful, creative, who enjoys problem-solving
- Impeccable writing skills with meticulous attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Curiosity, creativity, and fearlessness in contributing new and bold ideas
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
- A willingness to fail fast and forward while respecting and valuing input from a global and diverse team
- Ability and willingness to work in a startup culture that may require fluidity in roles from week to week
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Applications
- Responsive to manager’s feedback, ability to take direction and execute work independently with minimal oversight
- Passionate about making a positive difference
How to Apply
This is an unpaid internship but available for class credits. We have two internship models:
(i) full-time – requires a 5 days a week commitment of 3 months
(ii) part-time – required 4 days a week commitment of 6 months.
Send to: email@example.com | Include “Operations Officer (Intern)” in the Subject Line
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No calls, please. If you have not received a response from us in two weeks, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion.