The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains offices in Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty. Since March 2020, the focus of organizations’ programs has been to address the impact of COVID-19 on rural communities.
IIRR is looking for intelligent, strategic, and resourceful thinkers to help in managing the day-to-day operations of the US Office. Interns will work under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Review literature relevant to IIRR’s flagship themes: Health, Education, Economic Empowerment, Food Systems, and the Environment
- Contribute input to the development of research questions & concept notes
- Assist in authoring research reports, briefing notes, policy papers, and other materials as required
- Research and Identify and develop possible areas for partnership with local organizations, universities, research institutions, etc.
- Represent IIRR where appropriate in program meetings, coordination meetings, staff meetings, workshops, and meetings with stakeholders
- Help to develop and coordinate research dissemination and follow-up activities, including providing substantive advice on the future direction of the program
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Minimum GPA 3.2
- Preferably with a Master’s degree or is currently enrolled in a related Master’s program.
- Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Impeccable writing skills with meticulous attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Curiosity, creativity, and fearlessness in contributing new and bold ideas
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
- A willingness to fail fast and forward while respecting and valuing input from a global and diverse team
- Ability and willingness to work in a startup culture that may require fluidity in roles from week to week
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Applications
- Responsive to manager’s feedback
- Ability to take direction and execute work independently with minimal oversight
- Passionate about making a positive difference
How to Apply
This is an unpaid internship but available for class credits. We have two internship models:
(i) full-time – requires a 5 days a week commitment of 3 months
(ii) part-time – required 4 days a week commitment of 6 months.
Send to: email@example.com | Include “Research Officer (Intern)” in the Subject Line
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No calls, please. If you have not received a response from us in two weeks, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion.