Intrinsic Schools’ Academic Model
Our academic model is unique and creates a very different and exciting place to work. We provide diverse types of learning experiences such as Socratic seminars, small group instruction, hands-on labs and collaborative student projects. Team teaching is core to our model. All math, ELA and Spanish teachers teach in teams where they plan together and work with students in larger spaces. Teachers in other subjects are expected to plan collaboratively and often co-teach to support our special education and ESL students. We use technology to personalize learning and to help students make deeper connections to content. As a result of this structure, teachers are able to better assess and meet individual student needs.
- January start through the end of the year, opportunity to continue on into 2021-2022 school year.
- Responsible for working with ELA team to create lesson plans for 4 sections of 10th ELA
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to preparing every student for post-secondary success
- Uphold Intrinsic student culture
- Collaborate to design and deliver online instruction
- Review student level data to inform instruction and student groupings (EPAS aligned interim assessments, data from online programs and teacher-created content assessments)
- Seek to improve practice through data analysis, observation, feedback and video
- Certified to teach in Illinois or currently enrolled in an alternative certification program
- Active LBS1 Certification
- Strong preference for experience in an ELA inclusion classroom
- Track record driving student outcomes or a history of achievement with students of a similar population
- Experienced using technology in the classroom or early adopter of technology in personal life or other areas