Are you looking for a position that will offer new challenges and a variety of work?
We are hiring Market Researchers who want to expand their business acumen, work in a fast-paced environment, and learn about a new industry every month!
Located in Back Bay, IGS is a small consulting firm that provides M&A diligence and strategic market insight for private equity and corporate clients. We help our clients to make better investment and strategic decisions through our data-driven approach, deep industry knowledge, and unparalleled attention from senior management.
Through nearly 2,000 projects, IGS has developed significant experience evaluating businesses in many industries including:
- Business Services
- Consumer Products & Services
- Financial Services
- Software, Media & Telecom
Market Researchers play an integral role in developing our market insights through primary research. The core responsibility of the Market Researcher is to conduct phone-based, structured interviews with market participants and industry experts to gain insight into the key players, competitive landscape, and market dynamics.
All primary research is conducted over the phone and the majority of our studies involve calling respondents at their place of business to gain their perspective on their industry and gather both quantitative and qualitative data. Researchers write up their interviews and those inputs are directly used in client presentations and deliverables; this research helps business professionals make better investment and strategic decisions. The research center operates out of a separately branded entity to protect the confidentiality of our clients’ deals.
Researchers are staffed on a contract, project basis. A typical project lasts three weeks and the hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm. Researchers work on teams of 3-5 in a collaborative effort to provide our clients with the best possible market insights. Researchers who perform well are able to be continuously staffed from one project to the next. This position will develop your verbal and written communication skills and allow you to get an inside look of an array of industries; you will also gain exposure to strategy consulting from the ground up.
We are currently looking for bright, articulate, and dependable individuals interested in working on a project by project basis. We are working remotely due to COVID-19. Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- College degree
- Professional remote working conditions – strong internet connection, quiet environment to conduct calls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort conducting phone based research
- Willingness to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills
- Preference to Boston and Massachusetts candidates
- Experience with phone-based research, marketing, journalism/writing or a Master’s degree is a plus
- Exposure to a new industry every month
- Become part of a tight-knit, hardworking and energetic team
- Coaching and mentoring from top tier professionals
- Flexible, project-based scheduling