About iQ Biosciences
iQ Biosciences provides focused research support to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic industries in the form of intelligent research services and quality biospecimens. We go beyond being reliable – we excel at being a trusted partner in the biomedical community to help cure disease. iQ Biosciences is entering a dynamic growth phase and looking to add an outstanding, highly motivated individual to our team that fits with our culture of having the following characteristics: good judgment, effective communication, natural curiosity, senses urgency, focused passion, intelligence, and empathy. This position has high growth potential opportunities as the company continues to build and solidify its Bioservices Division as a leading Immunology-focused research service provider.
Position Description: Project Coordinator – Bioservices
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for directly interacting (communicating and coordinating) with potential and existing Bioservices clients throughout the sales pipeline and service project lifecycle. This candidate reports directly to the Head of the Bioservices Division and will work with other team members, including senior scientists and research associates, to carry out job responsibilities. This candidate must possess great attention to detail, meticulous organization skills, and a strong desire and ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the expectations of the role consistently expanding. This will be an ideal position for the candidate who is comfortable in a psychologically safe but candid start-up work environment and open to having multiple mentors (technical, business, career, and life) within iQ Biosciences challenging them to reach their full potential.
- Respond to new services customer inquiries for the various Bioservices offerings available across different channels, such as from direct email, online marketplaces, or web chats.
- Schedule and attend introductory conference calls with potential new clients to discuss service(s) of interest. Take detailed notes during calls to validate and assist with ballpark estimate and formal proposal generation and review.
- Manage the process for Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement (CDA) and Master Service Agreement (MSA) review and sign-off.
- Send prepared ballpark cost estimates, formal proposals, and formal report summaries to clients.
- Manage proposal sign-off and purchase order receipt process with clients for approved Bioservices projects.
- Follow-up with non-responsive potential clients to confirm interest or inquiry closure.
- Manage client service requests through the sales pipeline from inquiry to closure in the online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Create new projects in the online Project Management tool for sold service projects, and notify internal project team accordingly with high-level details.
- Communicate directly with client to manage client expectations, coordinate and confirm test article shipment and receipt, convey project execution timeframes, provide status updates on projects, and answer other client questions as they arise, including relaying responses from internal scientific team to the client.
- Track key dates such as client-specified timing sensitivities, test article shipment timeframes, and study results and/or formal reports deadlines, and ensure that internal project team is aware of or on track to meet timing targets.
- Escalate issues to supervisor or Project Lead, as needed.
- Ability to work independently after initial training period.
- Must be organized and proactive in all aspects of work.
- Must be highly adaptive and flexible with excellent attention to detail.
- This position will require on occasion, hours that exceed the typical working hours into the evenings and on weekends.
- Generate sales pipeline and project status readouts for periodic Bioservices team meetings.
- Maintain database of canned responses for Bioservices related questions to optimize response time for common inquiries.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to obtain quotes and submit orders for specific reagents required for project execution.
- Must comply with laboratory policies and procedures.
- B.A. or B.S. with 1-3 years of experience in project coordination, preferably in a startup biotech environment. A background in Biology or related field and/or strong desire to learn about pharmaceutical/biotech drug discovery and development is preferred.
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work as a member of a small team is key. Commit and contribute to a high functioning team of enthusiastic, collaborative, supportive individuals.
- General computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A strong team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear “multiple hats”, to perform a wide range of tasks within a dynamic environment, and to support overall goals established for the area.
- Experience with client-facing communication (written and oral) is a plus.
- Experience with applications in the Zoho software suite is a plus.