Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and IQVIA, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
PURPOSE: This role is an ideal stepping-stone for current college students. You will receive similar clinical trial and statistical program as incoming permanent employees. You will be exposed to conventional variables. Data standards and analysis summaries that are typically found in a regulatory environment for pharmaceutical trials, allowing for real life programming and analysis opportunities.
Biostatistician intern projects vary, your typical responsibilities and opportunities might include:
· Assist with development of statistical analysis plans, table shells, programming, derived analysis datasets and written analysis specifications
· Produce/program tables, listings and figures
· Under supervision, perform data review and statistical review of output
· Assist with protocol development, sample size calculation, protocol and CRF review
· Assist in advising data management staff on database design, validation checks and critical data
· Assist project lead in fulfilling project responsibilities and meeting statistical project deliverables
· Attend internal project team meetings and teleconferences as necessary and appropriate
· Works full time during summer and part time during fall and spring semester”
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Enrolled in a Master’s program in Statistics
- Strong aptitude for SAS computing package skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills
- Excellent attention and accuracy with details
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials
- Strong individual initiative
- Strong organizing skills
- Strong commitment to quality
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to accept direction of lead team members
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled