IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Here, at IQVIA™, we are building our internship program around smart, talented students. We are looking for innovative Computer Science, Data Science and Information Technology students with strong problemsolving skills to participate in a unique, individualized internship program. Create your own experience through insightful interaction with many different business units across the organization that will allow you to help us develop outside the box solutions to solve some of the toughest problems currently facing the healthcare and Lifesciences industries, globally.
We have opportunities for Developers to work on the latest IoT platforms, Data Analyst to work with some of the largest data sets in the world, Business Analyst to connect the dots for real-world clients, Project Managers to deliver and drive innovation through client interaction and delivery, Solution Architects to design innovative solutions through technology and business, and more. Reimagine healthcare with us!
- Take ownership over project and program deliverables under the supervision of a clinical operations IT solutions leader.
- Embrace an agile and iterative approach to projects, ranging from presentations to interfaces.
- Interact with enterprise teams around the world to drive / create innovative solutions.
- Enhances professional and industry knowledge by building upon current academic experience. This position offers a professional work environment experience, two-way communication tactics, and exposure to the IQVIA organizational structure.
- Engages with the team and asks questions to help identify their own personal interests and ambitions related to the job.
- Performs data and reporting requirements gathering and analysis to provide high quality and detailed requirements, ensuring the closest involvement with, and agreement from, the user community
- Participates in joint analysis and design sessions with developers to understand needs of the customer
- Assists with prototype and simulation designs of reporting solutions with analysts and developers
- Conducts root cause analysis on data and analytics issues throughout the life cycle of the project
- Participates in creation of training and support programs for global technology and process implementations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Appropriate verbal and written communication skills to function within a professional work environment.
- Evidence of effective problem – solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to drive innovation conversation topics through supported research and R&D Enterprise understanding.
- Proficiency in alignment with the desired role placement (e.g. solutions architecture, data science, business and technical requirements analysis, project management, software development etc..).
- Evidence of strong team work and communication skills.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence principles, data usage, and database structures including data staging/lake areas, operational data stores (ODS), and data marts (DM) is desirable
- Preferred: Experience with Business Intelligence (BI), reporting, analytics, and/or visualization tools is desirable (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik)
- Hands-on experience coding in SQL and SQL constructs and utilizing relational database solutions (Oracle) is desirable
- Knowledge of XML and XML schemas is desirable
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing Bachelors or Masters in Information Technology, Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science or closely related subject
- Preferably a rising junior or senior
- Someone with Interest and passion for how data and analytics can be used to solve real-world scenarios
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.