Summer is coming. It’s time to put fashion forward. We are looking for a creative, stylish individual to provide instruction in Fashion Design to interested teens ages 14-18 during our summer semester. Participants should learn about the business side of fashion while putting their drawing and design skills on paper. Great opportunity for a fashion design student or professional looking to share their knowledge and skills with interested youth.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of youth once or twice per week.
- Must draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects.
- Engaging students to provide insight into the world of fashion and foster their creative design ability.
- Prepare students for a virtual showcase demonstration in August 2021.
- Complete weekly session notes following each class.
- Communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email.
- Education or professional experience in the fashion industry
- Prior experience teaching or tutoring teens or young children
- Excellent design, interpersonal & communication skills
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Must be 18+ years old
Hours of work and duration of commitment: Must be available 3-5 hours per week (Monday-Friday) between the hours of 10am and 6pm EST. Minimum 3 month commitment from June through August 2021.