The Digital Ambassador Program cultivates the next generation of digital communication experts. ISRAEL21c selects North American college students who are passionate about Israel and social media. Each cohort plays an active role in engaging with and developing ISRAEL21c’s audience. In this exclusive program, Digital Ambassadors will develop their storytelling skills by sharing positive news about 21st century Israel with diverse communities across the globe.
Upon completion of the 10-month virtual program, Digital Ambassadors join a community of over 300 alumni and participate in ongoing projects that support the ISRAEL21c mission.
Ambassadors on the Team Campaign Track will work with other ambassadors across the country to produce and execute an innovative social media campaign.
Roles and Requirements:
• Commit to the entire duration of the term (Aug 2021 – May 2022)
• Attend a mandatory virtual training retreat on Sunday, August 1, 2021 to meet other ambassadors and develop group campaign
• Dedicate 3 hours per week to the program
• Work together virtually throughout the academic year to execute the campaign, distribute ISRAEL21c content via social media across various online communities, and plan at least one event on their campus
• Participate in weekly 30-minute team calls and monthly 60-minute team meetings with the ISRAEL21c professional team and guest experts in the field
• Participate in a monthly 1:1 check-in with your team leader
• Depending on the state of travel, there will hopefully be an in-person gathering in January, 2022
• Attend final retreat in April to present the group campaign
• 18-26 years old and enrolled in a university
• Must not be studying abroad during the upcoming academic year
• Experience in social media and digital promotion
• Experience in working with teams and ability to work effectively with others
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Desire to learn more about Israel
• Ability to track and fulfill one’s own work
• Skills not required, but a plus: graphic design, film/editing, journalism, copywriting, event planning
$1,000 (paid in two installments, $500 per semester).
Applications are accepted from May 2nd through May 31st at israel21c.org/apply; acceptances will be offered on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions, please contact ISRAEL21c’s Digital Ambassador Program Coordinator, Ali Cohen at email@example.com.
ISRAEL21c is a non-partisan, nonprofit media organization recognized as the single most diverse and reliable source of news and information about 21st century Israel. Learn more at https://www.israel21c.org/about/