The Team You’ll Join: The Research Inquiries team is a unique and highly visible part of the IRC research function. IRC has redefined the Talent Acquisition advisory space with world-leading research, analytics, and insight development – and Research Inquiries is tasked with producing consulting-style research product in response to specific challenges and client queries. As we continue to lead the development of recruiting practices for the largest employers in North America, the Research Inquiries team plays a crucial and highly visible role in supporting our members executives in making their most challenging decisions.
Research Inquiries Associates work closely with senior staff to create targeted research products on high-priority, time-sensitive topics. Your work on this team will involve all aspects of the Research Inquiries process, including data analysis, secondary source research, deck creation, and the delivery of findings to member executives. Additionally, you will work to become a content expert on IRC’s body of research allowing you to provide relevant insights in support of company-wide initiatives.
How You’ll Grow: The Research Inquiries function invests significant trust in associates to develop and produce reports that are highly impactful on member strategy. Our culture of data-driven innovation provides every member of the team with a supportive environment for problem-solving and creative approaches to emerging challenges.
IRC has grown quickly over the past few years, and the key to that growth has been an incredible team of motivated, collaborative people. We are looking for our new teammates to grow along with us.
Intellectually incisive: You can develop clear, useful insights from both qualitative and quantitative data and clearly communicate those insights to others.
Obsessed with the details: You understand the importance of producing work of exceptional quality that is precise, correct, and error-free.
Opportunity-driven: You are excited and motivated by the opportunities presented by a growing firm that – because we are writing our own playbook – expects every team member to show initiative and leadership in our continuous improvement.
Dedicated to service: At IRC, we all care about one another and about our members. You embrace a culture centered around service as we pursue our always-exciting, always-challenging mission of helping to serve industry leaders in their hardest work
Key Responsibilities: Custom Data Analysis
- Perform quantitative analysis and develop original insights from IRC data sets
- Conduct secondary source research and literature reviews to provide context and supplement primary research findings
- Produce client-ready research deliverables, including data visualization and insight reporting
Key Responsibilities: Serve IRC’s Membership
- Develop a nuanced understanding of IRC’s past and current research work, and leverage that knowledge in the development of high-value deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of multiple concurrent research projects, including both collaborative and individual assignments
- Partner directly with members of the Member Experience and Growth teams to design and define the scope of individual projects
- Deliver finished research products against firm deadlines with uncompromising quality
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Desire to learn new technical skills and platforms
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with large data sets
- Business writing and narrative formation skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize competing requests
- Familiarity with a programming language (e.g. R, Python) and data management/manipulation/visualization packages (e.g. numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, plotly, ggplot2)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Toucan Toco, DisplayR, R, Shiny)
- Familiarity working collaboratively with repositories in GitHub / VSCode
- Familiarity working with databases (FRED, BLS, IPEDS, NCES)
- An eye for graphic design and familiarity with Photoshop, Canva, InDesign, Illustrator
Please keep in mind: Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds only apply to jobs when they meet 100% of the requirements vs. their majority counterparts, which apply at a much higher rate if they meet 50-60% of the requirements. So, with that being said, if you are interested in the role, we would love to hear how you can leverage your talents to be an awesome culture add.
Our Values & Culture, In Brief:
Talent is in our DNA. It is what we study, who we serve, and the quality we most pride ourselves on internally. In order for our team members to be at their best, we provide individualized benefits and support. At the most basic level, benefits include unlimited PTO, health insurance benefits, and career development opportunities.
We believe a well-rounded and diverse team is the key to our success. To provide the widest range of experiences and perspectives in our member service and internal culture, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Please let our recruiter know if there are any accommodations we can provide for you to ensure an equitable and comfortable recruitment process.
We highly value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and this shows up in everything we do. Our research has a significant focus on the experiences of candidates from diverse backgrounds. Our People & Business Operations team actively integrates DEI into company operations and we regularly hold events to receive training in DEI-relevant topics as well as to celebrate different identity groups. Furthermore, we have Employee Resource Groups for BIPOC employees, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and an Allyship Affinity Group. We also have a community service program in which employees can volunteer to participate.