Our Internet team is seeking an Analyst who will generate equity ideas with a focus on new/emerging stocks globally. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest or experience in India & Southeast Asia’s markets & businesses. The Analyst will report directly to the PM who has been with our organization for nearly 20 years and is a partner of the firm. The Analyst will also work closely with other Analysts and Traders on the team as well as the firm’s Capital Markets team. The successful candidate can expect a great deal of responsibility, exposure and ownership from day-one and will play a key role in the investment process from start to finish. The successful Analyst will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as is desired and, with demonstrated strong performance, will have a path to a carve-out/PM role.
· Initiate coverage of global internet companies to expand the team’s coverage universe including but not limited to new issues.
· Conduct company and industry fundamental research to develop a deep understanding of key business and industry drivers.
· Create, maintain, and update company financial models.
· Stay apprised of emerging business trends and capital markets activity globally with a focus on the US and Asia.
· Interact and maintain positive relationships with company management and other industry participants and grow a meaningful network of business contacts globally.
· Clearly and effectively communicate and articulate ideas to colleagues.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 1-2+ years of experience focused on the Internet/TMT Sector as an Investment Banking Analyst, Equity Research Associate/Analyst, Private Equity Analyst or other related accounting or investments field.
· Demonstrated interest or experience in the markets/businesses of India.
· A strong academic record (3.6+ GPA preferred / Bachelor’s Degree required) with a preference for accounting-focused coursework.
· Professional experience with accounting and financial modeling – CPA is a plus.
· Demonstrated passion for the equity markets, investing and analyzing companies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should excel in the following areas:
· Research / Problem Solving- the individual displays strong technical, organizational and problem solving abilities. The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, asks intelligent questions and maintains confidentiality.
· Quality control- the individual consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, monitors work to ensure quality and possesses a strong attention to detail and a drive for results reflecting an ownership mentality.
· Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Interpersonal skills- the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to new ideas, effectively communicates and partners with others at the firm. The individual possesses the highest standards of integrity, honesty and mutual consideration
· Planning/organizing- the individual possesses impressive organizational skills, prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
· Written communication- the individual demonstrates superior writing/drafting skills, presents information clearly and concisely, and is able to read and interpret written information with ease.