J Michael Consulting (JMC) is currently seeking a Laboratory Informatics Developer with experience in laboratory operations and testing and a strong background in information technology. This developer will engage directly with laboratory staff to understand requirements and provide custom solutions using a variety of technologies. This role will be part of several dynamic and diverse teams of implementation experts (project managers, business analysts, developers) to create, modify and implement laboratory systems.
Work Location / Travel:
- The work can be done remotely with up to 15% travel
The following are general qualities all laboratory technical staff on our team need to support health informatics activities and laboratory technology projects, including:
- 5+ years of StarLIMS Developer with Public Health 11.x version
- Experience with migration of XFD to HTML5 code is required
- Experience with STARLIMS HTML5 is preferred
- Relevant on the job experience or advanced technical training or experience in chemical or biological sciences;
- Experience with databases: SQL or PostgreSQL (basic)
- Experience with UX/UI design desired
- System administration experience desired (Linux or windows)
- Excellent client relations, presentation, organizational, writing, and communication skills;
- Experience gained by working with Federal agencies, public health agencies or laboratories, or member-based organizations;
- Self-directed, highly organized, and a team-player with commitment to the provision of quality customer service;
- Capable of working under tight deadlines and handling multiple, simultaneous projects
- Ability to communicate with a broad array of individuals from varying technical aptitudes, professional backgrounds, and affiliations;
- Flexible and willing to work in a small, growing business that requires members to take on (and identify) tasks that may not be part of their formal job description.
Role-Specific Activities / Tasks:
- Engage client laboratory staff to understand requirements for support of laboratory workflows.
- Provide troubleshooting steps for issues and documentation for issue resolution.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Federal Contract work – proof of vaccination(s) is required.
- Which development languages are you fluent in?
- Briefly describe your laboratory systems experience.
- Technical: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote