LANGUAGE CENTER INTERN
Japan Society’s Language Center seeks detail-oriented intern to assist the Language Center Associate, Director, and staff in all aspects of administration of the Language Program, such as maintaining the database, responding to inquiries from prospective students, and assisting with operation of Language Center. All the work will be remote through the end of 2021.
• Administrative duties for the Language Program
• Maintain database records and student lists
• Answer inquiries regarding classes and events by email
• Assist with scheduling events, courses, private lessons, etc.
• Monitor and correspond with attendees of our events
• Must be able to work independently and take responsibility for tasks. Intern is ideally pro-active in proofing and evaluating our public facing materials and thoroughly completing requested research projects.
• Strong communication, writing and proofreading skills in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Internet; familiarity with
Raiser’s Edge database a plus
• Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) a plus
• Superior organizational skills, including ability to accurately keep track of many details at once, and ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with and interest in language education and cultural exchange
• Fluency in English, Japanese language skills a plus
Internship Dates and Time Commitment:
• Ideally attends 1 or 2 half-days for training in early or late September 2021
• Officially begins in early or late September 2021, continuing through early/mid January (or first week of February if possible) 2022
• Two days a week for 7 hours each day, remote work
Interns can gain a better understanding of how to run the largest Japanese language school in the US. They will also learn how to create flyers, research potential new programs, and create content for publications and social media. In addition, they have opportunities to take classes in the Language Center.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate name of internship in email subject line.
While internships are unpaid, Japan Society values its interns and provides the following benefits:
- Free or reduced-priced admission to Japan Society programs;
- Free admission for intern and guest to New York City museums;
- In-service training program for interns.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.
Founded in 1907, Japan Society in New York City presents sophisticated, topical and accessible experiences of Japanese art and culture, and facilitates the exchange of ideas, knowledge and innovation between the U.S. and Japan. More than 200 events annually encompass world-class exhibitions, dynamic classical and cutting-edge contemporary performing arts, film premieres and retrospectives, workshops and demonstrations, tastings, family activities, language classes, and a range of high-profile talks and expert panels that present open, critical dialogue on issues of vital importance to the U.S., Japan and East Asia. For more information, visit our website http://www.japansociety.org.