This internship is designed to provide graduate and undergraduate students with experience in research, development, implementation, and evaluation of communications campaigns, strategies, and initiatives for diverse audiences. Interns who participate in this program will develop essential skills that are not attained in the academic world and enable them to make the transition from academic to professional life. Interns will provide write and edit content for communications products in a variety of formats, assist with media monitoring, assist with creating and maintaining content calendars, track and report on media metrics, and support the execution of needs assessments, dissemination and outreach efforts, and other health communications program activities as needed to support JBS International.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the development, execution, and evaluation of health communication programs, campaigns, and media initiatives.
- Contribute to audience and content research informing communications program initiatives.
- Assist with qualitative interviews, focus groups, field testing, surveys, and other means of gaining insights into audience perspectives, needs, and preferences.
- Apply results of audience research to communications materials by crafting engaging messages for a variety of media (i.e., print, digital, audiovisual, web-based, social media) that are culturally relevant and can be disseminated in formats appropriate for key target audiences.
- Help create dissemination and outreach plans to promote communications products.
- Work closely with strategic communications experts and other content experts to leverage knowledge and resources, thereby ensuring accuracy of messages and materials.
- Write and edit a variety of content to support communications and marketing efforts.
- Assist with development and maintenance of content calendars for traditional and social media channels and for specific health communications initiatives.
- Support development of strategies for media monitoring, environmental scans/landscape analyses, and social listening to inform communications campaigns.
- Assist with media monitoring, environmental scans/landscape analyses, and social listening to inform communications strategy, tactics, and dissemination plans.
- Help create content for social media accounts; track and summarize social media analytics.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Pursing a graduate or undergraduate degree with a minimum of two semester completed.
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: Ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. Experience writing and editing content for dissemination in various formats (e.g., print products, web-based content, audiovisual media, social media messages).
Knowledge: Marketing, communications, writing, editing, media relations.
Soft Skills: Must be able to organize, track and complete multiple tasks during the workday as priorities change. Key qualifications include initiative, organizational skills, ability to work well in a team, and strong communication skills (oral and written). A high level of attention to detail.
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience with Multimedia Design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud and media monitoring tools preferred.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the “Apply” link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at EEOPost.pdf. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.