This internship is designed to provide graduate and undergraduate students with experience in research. Interns who participate in this program will develop essential skills that are not attained in the academic world and enable them to make the transition from academic to professional life. Interns will provide logistical and administrative support to JBS International projects focusing on internal and project management processes and workflows.
As an intern, the Research Assistant Intern will:
- Support a team conducting research and evaluation activities across one or more projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
As a member of the team, the Research Assistant Intern will support research and evaluation activities such as:
- Support the design and implementation of research and evaluation projects.
- Assist with the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and participate in data collection activities.
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Help develop and program online surveys using online survey platforms (e.g., SurveyMonkey, Alchemer).
- Participate in the development of client-ready written materials.
- Assist with the execution of literature searches and reviews.
- Assist with project coordination
- Help plan and execute client and stakeholder meetings (e.g., send meeting invitations, develop agendas, attend meetings, prepare meeting summaries).
- Collaborate with team members on relevant tasks, as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Pursing a degree with a minimum of two semesters completed.
Language: English fluency (oral and written).
Experience: Course work in public health, psychology, research methods, or related experience.
Knowledge: knowledge of public health, psychology/behavioral health, and/or social science.
Skills: Ability to plan, organize and pay attention to detail; excellent time management skills; and ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
Software Proficiency: Proficiency in MS-Office Suite required.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completed at least 1 year of college/university.
Knowledge: Knowledge of behavioral health, evaluation methods, and data analytic procedures preferred.
Skills: Excellent writing skills.
Software Proficiency: Experience using online survey platforms (e.g., SurveyMonkey), statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R)
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the “Apply” link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at EEOPost.pdf. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.