Position Title: Help Desk II
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
The Help Desk II technician provides fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. The position will answer queries on technical issues and work with the users to resolve their problems.
An excellent Help Desk II technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. The
Technician must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Clearly and thoroughly document requests for assistance in our ticket management system, and track incidents through to resolution/escalation
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Create help desk tickets and assist in prioritizing tickets
- Create and review Knowledge Base articles
- Minimum AA degree in IT Computer Science or relevant field
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field, a plus
- 3 or more years of Help Desk experience.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
· Understand and be able to troubleshoot the Windows and Mac OS X Operating Systems
· Understand and be able to troubleshoot Android and iOS devices
- Understanding and ability to troubleshoot VoIP phones.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Teams
· Understand and be able to troubleshoot IPv4 and other networking protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high demand environment
- Ability to prioritize work
- Creativity in problem solving
Preferred Skills, Education, and/or Certifications
· Information Technology degree is preferred.
· Professional training/certifications (i.e. CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, MCITP, MCSA, MCTS) a plus
· Understanding of ITIL Processes. Certification(s) a plus.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through the external application link via Handshake.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status