John Guilfoil Public Relations seeks a Marketing Intern to assist the Director of Marketing and Special Projects with content marketing for the company, as well as a variety of special projects and one-off small design projects, including sales sheets and infographics. The Marketing & Design Intern position is an excellent role for someone looking to enter the field of integrated marketing and who has an interested in government communication. The Marketing & Design Intern will learn the vital skills needed to execute organic and paid marketing campaigns, from planning, to designing, writing copy, marketing plan execution, and results monitoring.
John Guilfoil Public Relations is a public relations agency based in Massachusetts with more than 300 clients, including police and fire departments, school districts, and municipalities across New England.
The intern reports to the Director of Marketing & Special Projects and is eligible to intern for up to 20 hours per week. This position is unpaid and college credit must be obtained.
The position is virtual. It is ideal if the selected intern has the ability to attend three in-person socially distanced meetings in the Portland, Maine area, but not required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Special Projects on content creation for blogs, newsletters, and social media, including copy writing and graphic design.
- Account Coordinators and Executives to write and edit press releases for approximately 300 police and fire departments, public school districts and municipal government agencies. Interacts with public safety and government officials to collect information in order to craft fluid press releases that will be distributed to local, state and national media outlets.
- Complete research projects to include new clients, client tracking, media clips, outreach efforts and more.
- Assist with graphic design and/or video projects.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong visual design skills
- Able to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and use of discretion
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Familiarity with Canva
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and put “Marketing & Design Intern” in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a writing and design test.