John Guilfoil Public Relations seeks Public Relations Intern(s) to assist and work with its growing number of police, fire, government, schools and non-profit clients and to aid the JGPR Account Executives and Coordinators in their roles. The Public Relations Intern position is an excellent role for someone looking to enter the field of public relations, and for those with an interest in criminal justice, public safety, municipal government and/or education. The Public Relations Intern will learn the vital skills needed to successfully maintain numerous public relations campaigns for a wide range of clientele.
The intern reports to the Account Executives and is eligible to intern for up to 20 hours per week, starting at the beginning of each term. This position is unpaid and college credit must be obtained.
A position is available for the remainder of the fall term, with the possibility to extend into the spring term in the JGPR Georgetown office, which is currently working remotely. A position is also available for the spring term in the JGPR Braintree office which is currently working in person.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works in conjunction with Account Coordinators and Executives to write and edit press releases for approximately 300 police and fire departments, public school districts and municipal government agencies. Interacts with public safety and government officials to collect information in order to craft fluid press releases that will be distributed to local, state and national media outlets.
- Complete research projects to include new clients, client tracking, media clips, outreach efforts and more.
- Assist with graphic design, photography and/or video projects.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong writing skills with knowledge of AP Style
- Able to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and use of discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of WordPress platforms a plus
- Graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and put “Public Relations Intern” in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a writing test.