Great Opportunity! The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (JBJS) is looking for an energetic Editorial Assistant to join our Team.
The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (JBJS)has been the most valued source of information for orthopaedic surgeons and researchers for over 125 years and is the gold standard in peer-reviewed scientific information in the field. A core journal and essential reading for general as well as specialist orthopaedic surgeons worldwide, JBJS publishes evidence-based research to enhance the quality of care for orthopaedic patients. Standards of excellence and high quality are maintained in everything we do, from the science of the content published to the customer service we provide. JBJS is an independent, non-profit journal.
The Editorial Assistant supports the JBJS publishing portfolio by processing manuscripts from submission to acceptance using an online manuscript management system and by preparing accepted manuscripts for production. This person is responsible for supporting authors, reviewers and editors throughout the publication process and is expected to interact professionally and effectively with them to provide technical assistance.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Process and track manuscripts from submission through acceptance in accordance with established protocols and turnaround time guidelines
- Respond to author, editor, and reviewer queries in a timely and diplomatic manner, providing technical advice for the manuscript tracking system and associated software programs as needed
- Perform light production tasks on accepted articles, including assembling files and sending/receiving manuscript proofs
- Work closely with other departments to implement and track special manuscripts, issues, and projects to completion
- Assistance with data entry, and other clerical/administrative support as needed
Qualifications (Education/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in an English, Publishing, or related field
- One plus years of experience in an editorial assistant or administrative role
- Extremely comfortable with using the Internet and web-based programs
- Superior organizational, attention to detail, and task management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work against deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Works both independently and collaboratively, and juggles the needs of many different people diplomatically and efficiently
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel) and familiarity with Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated proficiency at problem solving, communication, applying technology
We offer a competitive pay rate, excellent employee benefits and a great working environment
Position can be primarily remote based
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter
Visit us @ The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (JBJS)
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
JBJS complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.