JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) Immunization Division is hiring a full-time self-motivated MIIS Office and Help Desk Coordinator to partner with a programmatic team to support the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). The ideal candidate is highly adaptable and tech savvy, has a strong commitment to public health and a history of providing excellent customer and administrative services. This is an opportunity to work on a dynamic team combining both IT and non-technical program staff in the implementation of the statewide immunization registry in the Immunization Division of the Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences.
Note: This position is based at the Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences (BIDLS) in Jamaica Plain, MA. This is a contract award specific employment arrangement which means employment is provided for the period of the contract only (currently through June 2022). Authorization to work in the US required. Salary range for the position is $45,000 – $60,000. Salary commensurate with experience. Given the uncertain circumstances during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this role may include working from the MA State Public Health Laboratory in Jamaica Plain, MA, telework, or a combination of the two. Work location will be driven by guidance for state employees.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Provide exceptional front-line customer service and technical assistance to health care professionals and constituents contacting the MIIS Help Desk.
- Guide new users on the MIIS registration process and system functionality.
- Process and track registrations, provider site name changes, user updates, immunization record requests and objection forms within our contact management system.
- Complete administrative projects as assigned relating to the MIIS Project.
- Review and process duplicate patient ques.
- Provide technical assistance to provider sites in multiple modalities including, but not limited to, phone, email, webinar.
- Log prod support (technical) issues in the ticketing system and triage questions to MIIS
- Information Technology staff as appropriate.
- Liaison with the MIIS Roll Out team to appropriately respond to data exchange inquiries.
- Review and edit MIIS communications, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training materials and resources.
- Represent the MIIS at meetings and conferences and respond to questions.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing of new versions of the MIIS.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in public health or a related field required.
- Experience: One – three years of professional level experience.
- Previous professional experience in customer service, public health, health information technology and/or program coordination.
- Desire to work in a front facing position that requires frequent phone and email communications with internal and external parties.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up
- Ability to successfully manage time to meet the deadlines of competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance for new systems/applications.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email list serves (i.e., Constant Contact / MailChimp), contact management systems and webinar platforms
- Commitment to promoting the health of Massachusetts’ citizens by reducing the burden of vaccine preventable diseases that affect the residents of the Commonwealth.