Are you passionate about preparing kids for life and inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Juni is a massively distributed university for kids. We bring the best instructors, curriculum and platform to students around the world who want to prepare for the future. Juni is backed by Y Combinator and angel investors including Arielle Zuckerberg, and the company was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, and TechCrunch. Our team was founded by two Stanford alumni and ex-Googlers, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
We are hiring a Recruiting Specialist to help us reach more students and instructors worldwide. We’re looking for an amazing person who is excited about our mission and can lead top of funnel sourcing and pipeline management for our Instructor hiring programs. You will interview and evaluate candidates applying to teach for our Math, English, and Investing & Entrepreneurship programs, as well as oversee a team of interviewers. You will collaborate with the Curriculum team to align the Juni recruiting process with new courses and programs. You will also lead projects aimed at attracting new instructors, including: defining the prospective instructor company branding, strategically managing recruitment platforms and referral channels, supporting a campus ambassador program, and managing other marketing/publicity channels.
- Own a robust pipeline to meet weekly and monthly targets for instructor hiring
- Own the KPIs for instructor hiring and proactively identify and resolve any shortage in the funnel by allocating resources
- Review candidate video interviews to make the hiring decision from the initial stage to the second stage
- Conduct interviews to potential instructor candidates
- Review candidate interviews from other interviewers to make the hiring decision from the second stage to the final stage
- Project manage other interviewers with a strong focus on fast decisions to candidates and getting to inbox-zero person on inquiries
- Train new interviewers to ensure Juni has capacity to handle applicant volume.
- Collaborate with the Curriculum team to align the Juni recruiting process with new courses and programs.
- Support implementation of the top-of-funnel recruitment strategy for attracting new instructors, which includes but is not limited to: defining the prospective instructor company branding, strategically managing recruitment platforms and referral channels, supporting a campus ambassador program, and managing other marketing/publicity channels
- Constantly create process improvements to drive down inefficiencies with recruiting funnel
- 2+ years experience in recruitment, education, or operations
- B.A. or B.S. required
- Focused on hitting weekly and monthly targets with a demonstrated track record.
- Experience shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Flexible and responsive on weekends for any emergencies, can clearly delegate owners for various pieces of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organized and detail-oriented. You love spreadsheets and checking off items in a to-do list.
- Represents Juni professionally with candidates, instructors, external organizations, and within the team.
- Self-driven to manage your own work and results with high standards.
- Openness to change, and quick to adapt to new systems.
- Team player and collaborates with others constructively and positively.
- Strong ethical and honest approach.
- Located in the US, work authorization in the US
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance.