In this “Automation Engineer – Intern” role, you will be working various Juniper Networks IT Infrastructure/Application/Security subject matter experts that are providing compute, storage and cloud services using automation (Ansible, Python, PowerShell, Shell etc.) supporting bare-metal, virtualization (ESX, KVM, etc.) and public-cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.) environments.
Successful candidate has:
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell, Shell)
- Understanding of computer networking and protocols
- Understanding of Linux operating system, ssh, user identity, authentication, authorization, certificates, tokens, private-public key pair, password-safe-vault, sso(single-sign-on) concepts
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Juniper’s University Talent Program (UTP) introduces next generation talent to Juniper’s workforce and provides talented students with an opportunity to develop professional experience at a world-class technology company. Here at Juniper, UTP provides a comprehensive program that fosters professional as well as personal growth, thoroughly preparing its interns for the next step in their careers. Juniper internships are project-based, allowing interns to solve important problems, make lasting impacts on their teams, and contribute to the company’s overall objectives. They are mentored by some of the most talented and skillful innovators in the industry; they connect with transformative thought leaders who promote disruptive ideas in their field. Interns participate in constructive professional workshops, company-wide community service initiatives, and executive speaker series. They build lasting friendships, expand their network, and connect with colleagues from around the world.
Please note that Juniper’s 2021 internship program will be conducted remotely. The location listed reflects the location of the team the intern will join, whereas the intern will work from their residence in the US.