An excellent opportunity to apply your math and programming skills to solve real-life problems such as COVID Contact Tracing, while learning how to build massively scalable microservices using state-of-the-art cloud technologies such as Kafka, ElasticSearch and Kubernetes, this position will be focused on supporting Juniper’s AI Driven Enterprise cloud services and the underlying location technology and analytics for those services. And specifically, will focus on developing and supporting the code in the cloud responsible for making location estimates for wireless clients and devices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop backend software that runs on AWS/GCP public cloud and provides real-time location analytics for wireless devices
- Research and prototype algorithms to accurately locate wireless devices using the latest technologies such as UWB and BLE 5.1
- Perform coding and development using simulation tools such as Matlab, Python R and Jupyter Notebook
- Strong understanding of statistics and mathematics
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, Go, Java
- Good blank sheet of paper problem solving skills
- Hands-on experience in developing software running in a public cloud
- Experience with wireless
- Experience with indoor location
Juniper’s University Talent Program (UTP) introduces next generation talent to Juniper’s workforce and provides talented students with an opportunity to develop professional experience at a world-class technology company. And it’s not hard to see why so many accomplished students have been compelled to spend their summers at Juniper!
Here at Juniper, UTP provides a comprehensive program that fosters professional as well as personal growth, thoroughly preparing its interns for the next step in their careers. Juniper internships are project-based, allowing interns to solve important problems, make lasting impacts on their teams, and contribute to the company’s overall objectives. They are mentored by some of the most talented and skillful innovators in the industry; they connect with transformative thought leaders who promote disruptive ideas in their field. Interns participate in constructive professional workshops, company-wide community service initiatives, and executive speaker series. They build lasting friendships, expand their network, and connect with colleagues from around the world.
At Juniper Networks, you will not only have opportunities to build real-life, hands-on work experience – you’ll also have the chance to learn from the best and lay the groundwork for a successful career.
Please note that Juniper’s 2021 internship program will be conducted remotely. The location listed reflects the location of the team the intern will join, whereas the intern will work from their residence in the US.