Justin 2021 is seeking remote grassroots organizing interns to help win a competitive local election and learn the ins and outs of a modern political campaign. Organizing interns will work in the organizing department and develop the skills to be an effective political organizer. Interns will also work with our communications and policy departments. We will work with your institution to get school credit. Interns are either expected to work through the end of the semester or the June 22nd primary.
- Spearhead political organizing program among other students in your community
- Organize grassroots volunteers across the district
- Develop and mobilize voter coalitions
- Complete political and policy research projects
- Communicate with volunteers and voters
- Other relevant responsibilities as needed
- Weekly commitment of 10 to 15 hours
- Appropriate conduct and behavior when representing and working with the campaign
- Completing a minimum of one voter contact shift per week
While this internship is remote, if the student desires it can become an in-person internship if it is safe to do so with existing COVID protocols.
Justin is a political and community organizer with a background in national and local progressive campaigning. He runs the national campaigns team at MoveOn, and has deep experience in arts, culture, civic participation, and parks in New York City. He’s a published author, the founder of the Living Liberally national network of progressive social clubs (including Drinking Liberally happy hours and Laughing Liberally comedy shows), and of The Tank, a non-profit home for emerging artists. Justin and his wife Casey, a midwife, birth educator and small business owner, have three kids in the local public school.
Justin is running to be an energetic, creative council member who brings people together to get things done. He has a history of creating volunteer-driven projects that fuel collective action and is looking for that same spirit in this campaign.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, non-disqualifying handicap, veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or upon any other unlawful basis.