JustLearn has developed PlanetBox, an interdisciplinary living aquaponics ecosystem integrating hands-on project-based learning for science and STEM learning in classrooms and homes. PlanetBox has grown to serve over 25,000 environmental science students in less than two years.
JustLearn is seeking an ambitious and high-energy Curriculum Development / Instructional Design intern to support the company’s curriculum efforts and continued product development. The intern will work with the executive and curriculum teams to create/improve learning modules, Professional Development, and standards-alignment resources for existing schools, clients, and prospective customers. The Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video, and audio to communicate and educate teachers, students, parents, and other stakeholders using PlanetBox.
This is an unpaid internship position. Although there is no financial compensation for this position, you can expect to gain a wealth of knowledge and real-world experience in the disciplines of curriculum design and development, science education standards such as NGSS and AP and emerging technologies in teaching and learning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Improve alignment of our materials against science standards and resources such as Next-Generation Science Standards, Next-Generation Sunshine State Standards, CPalms, Nature of Science, Advanced Placement United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Develop lesson plans, activities, assessments, tutorials, and/or instructional materials to better integrate PlanetBox’s pedagogy across the core science curriculum
- Strategize next steps in our platform that involves a digital app, videos, LMS integration, PD formats, learning modules etc
- Example of current materials can be found here
- Appreciation/passion for sustainability, environmental sciences, CleanTech, AgTech, EdTech etc.
- Background in Education, Instructional Design and or UX
- Proficiency in biology/environmental/marine/life science
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in curriculum design, learning principles, and effective assessment strategies
- Knowledge of digital learning tools and the ability to select teaching methods appropriate for industry and audience
- Experience working with subject matter experts (SME) to develop accurate, relevant content
- Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to receive and incorporate feedback into course material from program leads, subject matter experts, students, and instructors and customers
- Knowledge of copyright and trademark rules for writing and delivering content and graphics
- Excellent computer skills including experience with E-Learning tools
- Strong ability to manage, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks
- Ability to reliably meet project deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, and flexible.