JustLearn developed PlanetBox, an interdisciplinary living aquaponics ecosystem integrating hands-on project-based learning for science and STEM learning in classrooms and homes. PlanetBox has grown to serve over 20,000 environmental science students across Florida and Massachusetts in less than two years.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a Software Development Intern, you will be working as part of a small team in the design and development of front-end components for JustLearn’s first SaaS product. Throughout the internship you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your creative flair and out of the box thinking. Some of the responsibilities of the role include building new XD prototypes for new features and transforming existing ones into front-end code (HTML/CSS), helping in the overall design and development of the UX/UI of the application, and lead user testing initiatives.
This is an unpaid internship position. Although there is no financial compensation for this position, you can expect to gain a wealth of knowledge and real-world experience in the disciplines of full-stack software development, cloud services (infrastructure), application and network security, and web application architecture.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Graphic Design
- Ability to work up to 10 hours per week
- Experience leveraging bootstrap
- Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
- Understanding of the Django framework and manipulating DOM Elements
- Strong understanding of code-versioning tools (i.e. Github, GitLab, etc)
- Understanding of Neumorphism design principles in UI development