JVS is a non-profit, non-sectarian agency. Our mission is to empower individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers; and to partner with employers to hire, develop and retain productive workforces.
JVS provides a broad range of services including adult education, skills training, job readiness training, job placement and support, and access to post-secondary education. JVS assists employers in their search for well-qualified job applicants and their initiatives to upgrade the skills of their incumbent workforce.
The HealthCare Skills Training programs prepare students to work at Certified Nursing Assistants and Pharmacy Technicians:
The Pharmacy Technician Training program at JVS helps students prepare to pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification exam. This is a 12 week, full-time program designed to prepare students for full-time employment in pharmacies after program completion. JVS’ strong employer relationships help ensure students’ successful job placement after graduation.
The CNA program at JVS helps students improve their English and computer skills, learn necessary skills for working with the elderly, and prepare to pass the Certified Nursing Assistant certification exam. This is a 14 week, full-time program designed for non-native, intermediate level English speakers. JVS’ strong employer relationships will then help ensure students’ successful job placement after graduation.
- Preparing for and assisting with coordination of mock interview day for Pharm Tech program
- Monitoring and following up on program inquiries from potential applicants
- Entering new client information into Master Teams documents and info session attendance into data base/google docs
- Assisting in the CNA Zoom computer classes
- Assisting applicants, accepted students, and funders throughout the intake process for both Pharm Tech and CNA programs.
- Supporting the Process manual creation for the department
- Scheduling C.N.A. and Pharm Tech applicants into interviews with intake staff
- Administrating and proctoring assessment testing
- Assisting with remote info sessions
- Filing document and creating client folders according to funder guidelines
- Providie assistance before and during program Zoom graduations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Reliable, flexible and eager to learn
- No previous office experience required—training will be provided