This internship will be fully remote through the Fall semester and is unpaid.
JVS is a non-profit, non-sectarian agency. Our mission is to empower individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers; and to partner with employers to hire, develop and retain productive workforces.
JVS provides a broad range of services including adult education, skills training, job readiness training, job placement, and support, and access to post-secondary education. JVS assists employers in their search for well-qualified job applicants and their initiatives to upgrade the skills of their incumbent workforce.
The IT department at JVS is responsible for all aspects of technology, including data integration and Collaboration software, like Microsoft SharePoint. This system programming role will be responsible for data integration between Salesforce and other systems, as well as, SharePoint development to create and maintain a corporate Intranet.
Seeking an intern to assist with integration development and intranet creation.
• Work with Chief Information Officer to define and program data integration
• Meet with IT and business team members to define data mapping requirements
• Create and oversee the development of the corporate intranet on SharePoint
• Willingness to do research
• Good communication and listening skills
• Ability to work independently
• Good understanding of technology
• knowledge of SQL (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Knowledge of data flows through web APIs and web services.
• Develop and maintain ETL/ELT packages using SQL Stored Procedures, and SSIS.
• T-SQL skills, writing and optimizing queries, stored procedures, and scheduling jobs.
• Participate in the agile/scrum process and meet goals
• Knowledge of Sharepoint not required but a plus