Schedule: FELXIBLE, BUT STRONGLY PREFER WEDNESDAY AVAILABILTY
JVS is a non-profit, non-sectarian workforce development agency. Our mission is to empower individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers; and to partner with employers to hire, develop and retain productive workforces.
JVS provides a broad range of services including adult education, skills training, job readiness training, job placement and support, and access to post-secondary education. JVS assists employers in their search for well-qualified job applicants and their initiatives to upgrade the skills of their incumbent workforce.
JVS’s Employer Engagement team was created in 2019 with the idea of pulling together business-oriented, mission-driven people. This team provides customized services to employer partners with varying workforce challenges. Some of those services include workplace ESOL, leadership training, pipeline programs, and other customized trainings to local businesses and organizations. We have been doing this work for over 25 years as part of the Business Services department at JVS which partners with employers to plan, design and deliver customized workforce development programs at the employer’s site, with the two-fold goal of helping lower-skilled employees perform their jobs more effectively and transition to higher-paying jobs, while supporting employers to develop, retain, and advance their workforce. We partner with 20+ major employers throughout Greater Boston in the healthcare, hospitality, retail and manufacturing sectors, providing basic education, job training, career ladder, coaching, college readiness and citizenship services to over 1,400 workers per year
- Assist with recruiting for various pipeline healthcare programs at JVS including numerous Talent Pipeline training programs for CNA, Pharmacy Technician, Animal Care Technician, Early Childhood Education, and more
- Work closely with supervisor to screen and interview potential candidates
- Manage organizational documents via google docs, Wufoo forms, handshake, and SharePoint
- Communicate directly with staff and clients
- Provide virtual direct service to clients in training programs
- Facilitate screening assessments with candidates virtually over Teams or Zoom
- Create and disperse marketing materials to recruit for JVS programs. This includes emailing flyers, social media communications, or calling community-based organizations (CBOs)
- Able to work sometime between the hours of 9:00-5:00, Mon-Fri. A consistent weekly schedule is required
- Interest in working with people of various linguistic, cultural, religious, ethnic and national backgrounds
- Ability to work in dynamic and often changing work environment
- Ability to work well as part of a team with staff and supervisor
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative in completing tasks
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and some familiarity with google docs, excel, word, and outlook
- Attention to detail and eagerness to learn new things
- Adaptability, dependability and respect are the core expectations required to work on this team.