Jr. Account Executive
Title: Jr. Account Executive
Location: New York City, New York (OR open to remote)
Kantar Worldpanel is looking for a dynamic, high energy individual for our New York City office. You will work alongside a team of business developers and client service executives, specializing in market research and consultancy for the Beverage & Personal Care industries.
We are looking for a team player with a real sense of accountability, drive and initiative. You will be responsible for supporting the sales team to win new clients and delivering impactful analyses to drive repeat business. You will also be responsible for managing important growth accounts with a personal sales target.
We are looking for an individual who has commercial acumen to build strategic relationships, sell-in projects to clients, with the longer-term objective to move clients from project-based clients, to on-going subscribers. To develop our business leaders of tomorrow, we’re looking for individuals who are inquisitive, creative, passionate and driven for commercial success.
We are looking for someone ambitious, solution orientated, helpful and confident. We can offer challenge, progression, an opportunity to develop within a team that works together, in a role where no two days are the same.
What you will do:
• Become an expert in your market, developing thought leadership material, combining both Kantar and external market insights to support the wider team to drive sales.
• Responsible as market expert lead on all new business discussions with clients, as well as the lead on impactful deliveries following successful sell-in.
• Supporting on consultative meetings, asking probing questions to gain a thorough understanding of clients’ business strategies and objectives, to uncover the client’s most pressing business issues.
• Building impactful insight presentations, showing ability to construct arguments which deliver actionable recommendations to the client.
• Work to a specific revenue-based target and develop assigned accounts/clients through design, implementation and review of client account plans, with responsibility for identifying revenue and contributing to the team financial results and forecasts.
• Identify and strategically grow relationships with key client stakeholders, extending reach into new teams and divisions at clients.
• Proactively identify revenue opportunities, work on proposals and follow through to delivery with the client.
What you will need:
• A commercial mind – the ability to identify and articulate commercial benefit of solutions linked directly to client or market challenge.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw actionable conclusions from complex data sets and a passion to understand the consumer – attention to detail, efficiency and accuracy are critical.
• Proven commercial skills, ideally with experience in dealing with both subscribing clients and new business prospects alike.
• Ability to challenge client briefs to ascertain real business issues and make sure approach is the most appropriate.
• Confident communication and presentation skills, translating into strong account management and relationship skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and the willingness and ability to work within a small, dedicated team.
• 1+ years’ experience in a customer/client support related role, market research or panel experience preferred.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver. We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us. We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and wellbeing is taken into consideration. We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
At Kantar, the diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our employees and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. Kantar is committed to inclusion and diversity; therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Privacy and Legal Statement
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE: Please note that by applying to this opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us to be processed and retained by The Kantar Group Limited (“Kantar”). Your details will be kept on our Internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is necessary for the purposes of recruitment, which may include your details being shared with the hiring manager.