Looking for students passionate about Wildlife Protection that have skills as Video Game Design & Programming. KwF is designing and developing a new video game to create awareness about endangered species and how drones, AI, and technology can be applied to help save them from extinction. The game will be based on many of the counter poaching and conservation projects KwF if involved with worldwide, from protecting rhinos, elephants, cheetahs in Africa to snow leopards and ibex in the Himalayas and sea turtles and rays in the oceans to the the driest deserts of middle east to detect and protect the smallest wildlife cats in the world, the sand cats! It doesn’t stop their because there are many species being hunted for man’s greed in the thick rainforests of South America and jungles of Borneo.
Join the KwF team to help save these animals from the one threat the all face: MAN.
We are looking for students with a wide range of experience and expertise, please apply even if you do not qualify for all the skills listed below. This is a team project and we will need people with different skills working together to develop this multiplayer online video game.
- Design and develop the original concept
- Construct level structure
- Write storyline, character bios, dialogue, plot points, game objective
- Storyboard the action of the game
- Conceive every element of the game including rules, setting, objects, vehicles, weapons, flora, fauna, etc,
- Direct action sequences
- Define user interface, menus and controls
- Generate the Game Design Document (GDD)
- Develop early prototypes
- Decide on the devices and platforms on which the game is played
- Define the user experience
- Work with programmers to design the back end of the game
- Research target audience to understand what they want in the game
- Create storyboards and write scripts
- Lead the development process
- Produce sound effects, dialogue, musical score, sound mix and sound edit
- Manage quality assurance testing, and follow up on feedback
- Oversee the marketing and distribution roll-out
- Ongoing development and versions of the game
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++
- Creativity – designing the world of the game, characters, storyline, visual style
- Strong analytical mind
- Programming skills
- Solid knowledge of the gaming industry, how games work and the latest trends
- Good communication skills – liaising between departments and ensuring they are communicating effectively between each other
- Leadership skills – managing the production process, scheduling, budgeting, keeping all the departments on track
- Technical knowledge – understanding the software and systems that bring the game to life
- Focus – the ability to think about the big picture while dealing with the daily production issues that arise.