Our Product Managers are breaking new ground at the Air Force, changing the way the Department of Defense builds software. We build, measure, and learn; creating war-winning software iteratively. No longer are we building off of multi-year plans with stacks of requirements.
Product Managers at Kessel Run balance user needs, organizational outcomes, and technical feasibility in order to deliver value quickly while still considering the big picture and fostering a great team culture . Our teams are flat and balanced, with Developers, Designers, and Product Managers working in concert, empowered to build the software we know our warfighters need.
You MUST be a U.S. citizen to apply and must be eligible to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance (see eligibility requirements here).
Day In The Life
A typical day as a Kessel Run Product Manager includes aligning your team at Stand-ups, connecting and collaborating with customers, and maybe even a team building event. As a product manager you will write user stories to describe new features that have been identified through user interviews, oversee the product’s backlog, and validate what the team has delivered. You’ll work to keep the team unblocked and de-risked using hypothesis-driven development and are flexible and adaptable to a fast-changing environment.
You are known as a customer focused practice champion and other Product Managers will rely on you for coaching and mentoring in the organization. You are an expert in your product domain and are expected to gain a deep understanding of the tech stack and how it affects your product decisions. You will often find yourself owning strategic decisions and have the ability to generate deep insights from data and experiments. You will be a focal point for understanding customer needs from multiple perspectives and are able to collaborate closely with senior stakeholders to maintain alignment on product roadmaps
Who You Are
- You have at least 5 years of product management experience in environments that leverage Kubernetes deployments and support enterprise operations
- You have successfully shipped working software that users love
- You have a track record of owning and driving priorities with logical rationale and consistently making correct strategic decisions in line with product strategy
- You are an expert at breaking down complex products into small, measurable components and have successfully driven an outcome-oriented roadmap to maximize business impact
- You gather and anchor decisions in data, surfacing insights to inform direction and can independently discover advanced data insights through experiments
- You have developed expertise in user research and conducting experiments to generate insights for decision-making
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and acting with incomplete information
- You excel at facilitating meetings and often design and lead workshops
- You are a coach and mentor and love working with others to create a community of growth-minded practitioners
- You are comfortable traveling to meet users and stakeholders and can represent both the team and Kessel Run during work trips
- You are a U.S. citizen and are eligible to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance (see eligibility requirements here)
We hire at the GS-13 to GS-14 levels. This means you can expect a salary of $101,585 to $148,000 (depending on experience) for a Boston-based position (pay will be adjusted by location), as well as paid time off, health, and retirement benefits. There are advancement opportunities to promote to more senior levels after hiring.
We understand that there is no such thing as the ideal candidate for any job and we believe in empowering people to learn and grow throughout their careers. We encourage any applicant who is interested in making an impact in the Department of Defense to apply to this position regardless of background and qualifications.