Kharon builds data products and analytic tools to identify and understand risk at the intersection of international security and commerce. The world’s largest financial institutions and corporates rely on our solutions to enhance their financial crimes compliance, sanctions compliance, export control, supply chain risk, and ESG programs.
We are hiring a Product Manager to help drive the design, development, and operationalization of existing and planned data products.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, relentless, and inquisitive. They will be a quick learner and a resourceful problem solver. They will have at least two years of experience as a product manager or data analyst and demonstrate a strong interest in international security issues, through professional, academic, or extracurricular experiences. They will have experience clearly articulating the business consequences of technical developments as well as encoding business objectives as technical requirements and KPIs. They will be data-driven and familiar with the fundamentals of data exploration and analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor regulatory, legal, technological, and commercial developments relevant to Kharon data products
- Identify potential enhancements to existing data products and market opportunities for new data products
- Build dashboards to monitor data product KPIs
- Communicate value of Kharon data products to internal and external stakeholders through marketing collateral, internal dashboards, and technical documentation
- Oversee acquisition and integration of strategic data assets
- Support product marketing and business development outreach
- Analyze behavior of user segments to develop data-informed feature and product recommendations
- Develop strategies for testing and QA to ensure integrity of Kharon data products
Skills & Knowledge
- Familiar with popular scripting and query languages (i.e. Python/JS, SQL, Cypher, ES DSL)
- Familiarity with dashboarding / BI tools (i.e. Kibana, Tableau, Looker)
- Familiarity with headline international security issues
- Familiarity with the plumbing of the global economy: capital markets, payment networks, key commercial actors, key regulators, etc.
- Deep familiarity with another language or culture
- Experience leading a team — whether professional, academic, or extracurricular