The Kidney Cancer Association seeks an intern with an interest in building meaningful community among people impacted by kidney cancer through digital strategy, social media, and writing. The Communications Intern will work closely with the Communications Director to support the KCA’s communications strategy. This is a remote position suitable for a candidate that is motivated, organized, independent, and communicates regularly. We welcome creative, enthusiastic, frequent inputs from all our colleagues.
Supervisor will work with you to meet any university requirements for course credit.
– Participate in communications strategy and program planning meetings
– Write items for the KCA’s internal and external blog, newsletter, and social media channels
– Support Kidney Cancer Awareness Month planning projects
– Support research and development for communications team projects
– Monitor social media activity
– Other projects as assigned (or proposed!)
– Strong writing skills with a knack for engaging copy
– An interest in making challenging health information accessible to the public
– Familiarity with content management systems, social media management, and design tools like Canva is a plus
– Student or recent graduate
– 15-20 hours per week (flexible schedule)
– Minimum: 4 months
– Stipend available if permitted by your university to receive in conjunction with class credit
The Kidney Cancer Association is a global community dedicated to serving and empowering patients and caregivers, and leading change through advocacy, research, and education in order to be the universal leader in finding the cure for kidney cancer.
Email cover letter, resume, and writing sample (up to three) to Radha Chitale at email@example.com. Use the subject line “KCA Communications Internship”.