The duration of this internship is expected to begin in January ‘21 and conclude at the end of April ‘21. While this opportunity offers flexible telework, current Michigan residency is required. The position provides 20 – 25 hours of work per workweek, and work hours can accommodate class schedules, Monday – Friday.
Kinexus, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality.
The Manufacturing Growth Alliance (MGA), part of Kinexus Group’s family of organizations, champions, serves, and advocates for Michigan’s small manufacturers, as we drive solutions that make manufacturing in Michigan the most competitive and prosperous in the nation.
MGA brings business services to manufacturers through a number of partners across Michigan. Services to promote peer to peer leader opportunities, human resources hotline, legal advising, access to group insurance plan discounts, operational assessments, training, and talent development.
OUR DESIRED OUTCOMES:
The selected individual will provide administrative support to team members and work under the supervision of MGA’s Executive Director. This individual will support the efforts of MGA and the project management of the state’s awards program, “Michigan Celebrates Small Business”. The ideal candidate is self-starter with energy and a willingness to learn – as well as an individual that is punctual, dependable and operates with integrity.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Develop a working knowledge of MGA’s mission and service offerings, as well as our partnership responsibilities with Michigan Celebrates Small Business.
- Assist MGA’s Executive Director with various project assignments.
- Provide customer service and timely communications to external partners and customers, as well as internal team members.
- Conduct research and provide data entry and analysis as requested.
- Collaborate and work with multiple teams within Kinexus Group to maximize all resources in support of assigned project work.
- Provide general assistance with graphic design artwork, and work with internal our internal Marketing & Communications team as needed.
- Form and maintain working relationships with contacts outside of the organization to assist with the planning and logistical aspects of the “Michigan Celebrates Small Business” awards program.
- Model the way for a common purpose and shared consciousness under our Team of Teams approach.
- Live our organizational values to be bold, inspirational, entrepreneurial, and inclusive.
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education (preference for study areas of business, communications, graphic design, marketing, and/or public administration).
- Proven leadership experience through involvement in high school and/or post-secondary organizations or other relevant experiences.
- Literacy in social media with proficiency in platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to handle multiple projects at once, independently.
- Ability to form and maintain working relationships with contacts outside of the organization to assist with event planning.
- Logistical planning skills and follow through.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to be adaptable and provide support wherever it may be needed.
- Must obtain strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word Processing, Excel, Power Point, and virtual meeting platforms (ex: Google Hangout, Zoom).
- Ability to proficiently use technology as a reporting tool.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Michigan residency is required.
- Basic to moderate understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Flexible and open
- Telecommute work
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross Operational Meetings with your peers.
- The opportunity to be a part of transformational change in Michigan.
We have unique culture that requires individuals to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL, and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that add to our culture is extremely important.
Kinexus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids, reasonable accommodations and/or services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American Job Centers.