THIS IS A REMOTE SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIP STARTING IN JULY 2021 THROUGH END OF AUGUST. OPPORTUNITY FOR THE 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR AS WELL FOR THE RIGHT INTERN(S).
FOR ELIGIBLE STUDENTS, CREDIT CAN BE RECEIVED FOR THE INTERNSHIP.
The intern will be focused on sourcing, doing due diligence and industry research on lower-middle market acquisition opportunities primarily in the United States. This person will utilize KPH’s database of contacts as well as other sources of proprietary deal flow to identify promising acquisition candidates. After a target is identified, the intern will help perform due diligence on the target, contribute to the negotiation of the Letter of Intent, and participate in calls to secure capital partners. This is a very hands-on position and is designed to give the successful candidate wide exposure to the deal sourcing through deal closure process.
Responsibilities include (However, this will vary greatly from week to week):
• General outreach to lower middle market businesses and business brokers
• Qualify sellers to ensure fit with investment criteria
• Financial modeling and financial statement analysis
• Extensive market, company and competitor research
• Investment due diligence including customer and supplier interviews
• Preparation of investment memos
• Working on post-investment value creation initiatives with portfolio companies
The successful candidate is a highly motivated individual seeking an in depth exposure to private equity and the the process of acquiring a lower-middle market company. The successful candidate will also have access to existing deal flow or the ability to create access to new sources of deal flow.
Excellent communication skills, a proactive and confident personality, and the ability to come up a learning curve quickly are essential.