This is a great entry level opportunity for a student studying in an Engineering program and looking for a Sales position. Kinsley will provide the training to become one of the top Sales professionals in your area!
Kinsley Power Systems, one of the largest KOHLER generator distributors in the Northeast, is seeking an Industrial Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer focuses on selling industrial applications from 20kW to 4MW, including related equipment (transfer switches, switchgear, etc). The customer base includes engineers, electrical contractors, end-users and OEMs, among others.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving quarterly sales quotas, including providing quotes, working with customer’s point person to ensure proper equipment and delivery, securing payment for jobs and providing support through the equipment warranty period.
- Drives sales with targeted customer types in identified verticals, as well as identifying pull-through opportunities with existing accounts in shared geography.
- Identifies backup power opportunities in target markets to secure the business.
- Makes joint sales calls with appropriate technical/engineering sales resources – providing in-depth technical knowledge of the solutions we have to offer
- Develops long-term relationships with customer decision makers and influencers at the electrical contractor, engineer and building owner levels
- Negotiates and closes deals which derive significant revenue and associated margins
- Maintains customer/project data in Customer Relationship Management software (CRM): Tracks active projects for weekly and monthly reporting, documenting of business development activity, and obstacles to success.
- Creates take off’s and work ups to transfer customer needs into a quotable finished goods solution and manage price/margin parameters including supplier costing/discounting/term and conditions.
- Represents Kinsley in local, regional, and national tradeshows, working groups, and seminars.
- Respects sales policies and guidelines developed to enable co-existence of multiple sales personnel in the same geography.
- Assist in annual sales forecast, develops and implements sales and business development strategies to exceed forecasted goals.
- Keeps abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Performs all related duties as required
Minimum Education, Qualifications, Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven passion and success in sales required
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Possess a strong customer services focus with good verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven competency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overnight travel as required
- Possess and maintain a current, valid state driver’s license
Note: Essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position, but are not intended to be comprehensive. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.