About Kirby McInerney LLP
Kirby McInerney LLP, founded over 70 years ago, is a New York City-headquartered law firm that represents institutional investors, governmental entities, and individuals in securities, antitrust, and whistleblower litigation.
Job Description- Litigation Paralegal
The law firm of Kirby McInerney LLP is seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal to begin in the Summer 2021. The Litigation Paralegal will support the firm’s securities, antitrust, and whistleblower practices. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Proofing/cite and fact checking documents drafted by attorneys, including motions, mediation submissions, discovery requests and responses, and trial papers;
- Conduct factual and basic legal research to facilitate the development of new and support existing cases;
- Assist attorneys in preparations for depositions and court hearings; and
- Facilitate the firm’s marketing efforts by maintaining and editing website content, print material, and other forms of marketing-related content, including posting on social media platforms.
- B.A. required (work in the legal, financial, or professional services industry is a plus);
- Graduation date 2021 or earlier;
- Attention to detail and excellent writing skills required (writing samples required);
- Self-motivated and committed to excellence in the workplace with high energy level;
- Strong organizational, team building, and communication skills a plus;
- Genuine interest in the financial industry and the firm’s practice areas;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment; flexibility with overtime; and
- Tech savvy; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Kirby McInerney is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.