Join us as we revolutionize the hospital pharmacy landscape!
Our mission is to wow customers with smart, elegant solutions that help healthcare providers increase efficiency, safety and visibility from manufacturer to bedside.
Our ‘vibe’ is start-up, but we already have over 500 customers who are tracking medications using our proven solutions. If you have a knack for making complex things simple and an interest in the practical application of artificial intelligence and IoT technologies, we have a place for you!
Kit Check is looking for a Data Science Manager to help us redefine and grow our suite of healthcare data products to further the company’s mission of “Medication Intelligence”. Our hundreds of customers rely on us to keep their patients safe and their pharmacies running smoothly while delighting them with every release.
As a Data Science Manager at Kit Check your primary responsibility will be to lead the data science team in finding patterns and insights in our data. This is a unique position in that data science is the product: the team not only analyzes the data, but also integrates the algorithms and visualizations into production systems. This work will have a direct impact on hospital pharmacies, by providing actionable insights that reduce drug spend, increase medication safety and compliance, and maximize staff productivity.
What you’ll get from us
- Opportunity to build a data science culture within the organization, and to lead and shape a data science team that has built an industry-leading product
- Opportunity to use machine learning and artificial intelligence to analyze healthcare data to aid in tackling the opioid crisis, help guarantee patient safety, and improve the efficiency of hospital pharmacy staff
- Strong voice in what we work on, how it works, and how we build it
- Room to be creative and choose your own path
- Trust in your sense of ownership
- Innovation Fridays
- Dedicated budget for training and career development
- The ability to redefine what’s possible in health care software
- Coworkers you’ll learn from and who are looking to learn from you
What you’ll do
- Manage and develop the data science team through hiring, coaching, and continuous improvement
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and external customers
- Drive company, product, and team goals
- Establish standards of high quality work
- Act as a player coach, when not working with the team to get them running optimally, you’ll be working on various data science projects
- Solving meaningful problems for our customers
What traits we think are important for this role
- Ability to communicate clearly with all audiences about technical designs and implementations, from data science to product, sales to customer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant, industry work experience in data science
- 2+ years experience leading a data science team
- Very strong mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills
- History of researching, designing, and developing production data science applications using Python
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Outstanding problem solving skills
What we’d also love to see
- Experience building and maintaining data infrastructure (including data pipelines, data warehouses, etc.)
- Unsupervised machine learning
- Experience in fraud detection
- Clinical knowledge
If helping us define new data-driven medication intelligence products as well as improving products that already have a great track record with our customer sounds like the opportunity for you, we’d love to talk!
Why Kit Check?
We truly believe that where you work matters and we want happy employees. So join us on our mission – we intend to have a heck of a good time as we get there.
-Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
-Generous insurance coverage
-401k program with a company match
-Employee stock options
-Fun, collaborative culture with lots of employee activities (and snacks)!
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled