Join us as we revolutionize the hospital pharmacy landscape!
Our mission is to wow customers with smart, elegant solutions that help healthcare providers increase efficiency, safety and visibility from manufacturer to bedside.
Our ‘vibe’ is start-up, but we already have over 500 customers who are tracking medications using our proven solutions. If you have a knack for making complex things simple and an interest in the practical application of artificial intelligence and IoT technologies, we have a place for you!
Kit Check is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us redefine and grow our suite of healthcare data products to further the company’s mission of “Medication Intelligence”. Either by streamlining their pharmacy’s daily routines with our RFID scanners and inventory management solution (Kit Check), or reducing risk and enhancing their compliance with our diversion platform (Bluesight), we’re committed to improving the full lifecycle of medication management for our nation’s healthcare providers and our data operations and products are the backbone of our offerings.
What you’ll get from us
- Opportunities to solve problems of scale, debt and security to redefine what’s possible in medication intelligence
- Strong voice in what we work on, how it works, and how it is built
- Room to be creative and choose your own path
- Trust in your sense of ownership
- Dedicated budget for training and career development
- Coworkers who you’ll learn from, who will push you and who are looking to learn from you
What you’ll do
- We’re looking for someone with experience working across both internal and external customers and consumers of data products, with a keen eye for building data architectures and platforms that are robust, extensible, and responsive. Prior experience developing and managing a cross-team and cross-product core data architecture is desirable (especially if any of those were re-development efforts!), as well as a cooperative and consensus-building approach to the work. This role will cover the spectrum of our data product offerings, from data governance and security to transformation and implementation, working closely with product owners, engineering teams and external customers to define, create and maintain both the architecture and approach.
In this role, you can expect to
- Define, design, implement and maintain data architectures and infrastructure that unify our core products and our understanding of our customers and their medication workflows
- Dive deep into how the FDA, our nation’s healthcare systems and drug manufacturers interface and communicate at the medication level
- Develop and champion good data stewardship and governance practices across the company and work closely with Security to insure customer assurance
- Design and support customer facing data products both with API and interactive components
What traits we think will be important for this role
- 5+ years in a Data Engineering role
- Ability to communicate clearly with all audiences about data architecture and implementations, from engineering to product, sales to customer
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Proficiency in SQL, ETL processes, denormalization concepts and a programming language
- Experience with SaaS data management and warehousing platforms and tools
- Experience with AWS and Infrastructure-as-code tools such as Cloudformation and Terraform
- Strong bias for action, documentation and education
- Proficiency implementing monitoring instrumentation, triaging incidents, resolving customer issues, and continuous product improvement
- Ability to work through ambiguity with open communication and autonomy.
What we’d also love to see
- Any code, writing or projects that are public or shareable demonstrating experience or understanding of how data architecture excellence is key to delivering great products
- Experience working with data in a regulated industry and working around systemic data quality issues.
If helping us define new data-driven medication intelligence products as well as improving products that already have a great track record with our customer sounds like the opportunity for you, we’d love to talk!
Why Kit Check?
We truly believe that where you work matters and we want happy employees. So join us on our mission – we intend to have a heck of a good time as we get there.
-Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
-Generous insurance coverage
-401k program with a company match
-Employee stock options
-Fun, collaborative culture with lots of employee activities (and snacks)!
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled